- Place the dried apricots in a bowl and pour over
the brandy. Allow to stand for at least 1 hour.
- Beat the cream cheese and butter until smooth,
gradually add the sugar and continue beating until creamy. Add the egg and beat to
combine. Stir in the apricots and brandy.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8-inch
square cake pan.
- Heat the butter over low heat. When half-melted,
add the chocolate and stir to combine. When the chocolate is melted, remove from heat and
- Beat the eggs until light and foamy, gradually add
the sugar and beat until pale and thickened. Fold in the chocolate and butter mixture, the
vanilla and sifted dry ingredients. Pour two-thirds of the chocolate mixture into the
prepared pan. Pour the Apricot Cream Cheese on top. Spoon on the remaining chocolate
mixture. Using a skewer, swirl the Apricot Cream Cheese through the chocolate mixture.
- Bake until a skewer inserted into the middle of
the cake comes out barely moist, about 35-40 minutes. Cool completely in the pan before
turning out and slicing to serve.
- Serve with whipped cream or ice cream